"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture
and, if possible, speak a few reasonable words." ~Goethe

~ also, if possible, to dwell in "a house where all's accustomed, ceremonious." ~Yeats

Saturday, February 29, 2020

The Place I Needed to Go

LEAP DAY
ACCUSTOMED, CEREMONIOUS,
SPIRITUALLY SIGNIFICANT


from Expecting Adam
by Martha Beck
"I did, at long last, realize that it didn't really matter
what anyone else's opinion of my decision might be.
What mattered was that I had made a choice that felt as though,
in the end, it would bring me to the place I needed to go.
"
[emphasis added]

**************

Since the opportunities for celebrating Leap Day
are relatively rare and complicated, it would be
a shame to let the quadrennial chance pass by unobserved.
Thus, in the magical spirit of this expansive day of contemplation,
here is a selection of soul - searching, consciousness - expanding
mantras and connections. But first, a little joke:

Source: me.me

Thanks to my teleki - nieces and teleki - nephews
for all the good vibes & Empowering Tchotchkes!

Kinetic Carlie:

Chantel:

Corbin:
“If you want to be a good Hero, you
have to learn how to be a good Human."


Hans & Jerrod:

Jessi:

Aaron: On Patriotism & Feminism

More Autumn Fun

Dan:

Sara:

Anna:
No matter how serious the issues,
the nieces & nephews
never lose their sense of humor!

Amanda, Brittany & Kiyah:

Previous Leap Year Posts
Fortnightly: 2012 & 2016
Quotidian: 2016
And John Mulaney on SNL

Next Fortnightly Post
Saturday, March 14th

Between now and then, read
THE QUOTIDIAN KIT ~ Leap Day Nephews & Nieces
my shorter, almost daily blog posts
www.dailykitticarriker.blogspot.com

Looking for a good book? Try
KITTI'S LIST
my running list of recent reading
www.kittislist.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment